BMW has introduced an entry-level coupe with the BMW 2 Series. It is front-wheel drive and blends perfectly with the comfort of a sedan and sportiness of a coupe. It’s pricing starts at ₹ 38.90 lakhs (ex-showroom). Here are 10 things to know about the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe.
1) BMW 2 Series is available in three variants – Sportline in diesel and Sport and M sport in petrol .
2) The design aesthetics are taken from their previous coupe.
3) It’s a four-door coupe which makes it more practical in terms of space. It also has fairly good boot space. So perfect for the occasional long-distance drive.
4) It’s a typically new-age BMW with a large kidney grille and aggressive LED headlamps. The roofline is low and rounded, which stands out from the crowd. The clean design of the four frameless doors puts a modern spin on classic coupé style.
5) The dual exhaust adds to the sporty quotient of the car.
6) The Sports line gets 17 inches alloy wheels whereas the M Sport gets 18 inches alloy wheels.
7) Paint options available for the 2 Series Gran Coupe are Alpine White, Black Sapphire Metallic, Melbourne Red Metallic, and Storm Bay Metallic (available for both variants). Whereas Mineral Gray Metallic, and Seaside Blue Metallic are exclusive to Sports line and Snapper Rocks Blue Metallic and Misano Blue Metallic are exclusive to M sport.
8) On the inside everything is so premier that you will forget it’s an entry-level sedan. Right from the dashboard to the 8-speed gearbox, BMW has left no card unturned to deliver the luxury BMW stands for.
9) It is powered by a 2-liter engine which produces good 190 horsepower and 400nm which is the same output as the diesel 3 Series. The only difference is, it’s much lighter than the 3 Series, which makes 2 Series Gran Coupe even more responsive.
10) This front-wheel drive takes 7.1 seconds to reach from 0-100kph, which is a blast, to be frank.
If you are motorsport enthusiastic, this car is tailor-made for you, considering its excellent driving dynamics.